PerPart invites researchers and practitioners active in the fields of ubiquitous computing and human-computer interaction for creative and provocative contributions, such as design concepts or prototypes. In the workshop, these will then be critically discussed from various angles to uncover interdisciplinary challenges for the goal of creating feasible, efficient, and user-accepted Pervasive Participation methods.
We invite contributions on topics including but not limited to
- Novel pervasive and mobile e-participation concepts and prototypes
- Innovative user interfaces and interaction techniques facilitating Pervasive Participation
- Exploitation of social media platforms on pervasive devices for citizen e-participation
- Approaches to attract and encourage different citizen groups to take part in decision-making processes using pervasive technology
- Privacy and security issues in Pervasive Participation and approaches to overcome them
- Integration of Pervasive Participation in traditional decision-making processes
- Methodologies for evaluating novel pervasive forms of citizen e-participation or assessing their impact
- Experiences from planning, conducting, and evaluating field trials and living labs in the fields of mobile and pervasive citizen e-participation
We plan to select papers according to their relevance to the themes of the workshop, the originality of the described work and ideas, the quality of presentation as well as the potential for lively discussion since we target an interactive productive event. The accepted workshop papers will be added to the ACM Digital Library and the supplemental proceedings.
Notifications will be given by June 19th, 2015.